Friday, October 1, 2010

31 Days of Consecration

The Lord has put it on my heart to begin 31 days of consecration during the entire month of October. I’m not calling the entire church family to do it, although any and all who feel the same way can participate. It will be a month of prayer, fasting and communing with the Lord. He’s put in my spirit to drop TV and video watching from my daily routine and spend that time in the word and prayer.

Fasting will be part of my daily and weekend schedule. I just know that HE’s calling me away with Him. So I may not be blogging for a while and that’s okay. This will be very personal and private, so if you don’t hear from me for a while, that’s what is going on with me this month.

This is day-1, and the Lord woke me up at 5:00 am. We have a walk-in closet and I’ve made some space in there to go in and just stretch out and pray. He’s already given me the focus for the month and it comes from one of my absolute most favorite worship songs.

It came up out of spirit during this morning's prayer .With all that’s going on in the world, the Bishop Long scandal, the violence, the turmoil, the disasters and the heavy demonic waves that always come forth in October, God has given me the focus. In case someone reads this and desires to join with me and us, during this month, the focus is simple. ALL I NEED IS YOU, LORD…