Thursday, September 21, 2006

Part of Something Bigger Than Us

I recall on the night that we began our Friday sessions, before leaving our home to go to the church, I checked our church e-mail and this was sent to us from the brother in law of the senior pastor of our sister church in Kansas City, Missouri. God is so faithful and so good to us. I just broke down and cried when I read it.

April 21, 2006
Everything is going to be alright. The threats you have faced shall cease. For this house that I have built, not just built, but birth, shall bring true liberty. The enemy is fighting against the freedom that I have ordained to be. Lift up your heads oh ye gates and be ye lifted up ye everlasting doors, for the King Of Glory is coming in.

You being there is a fulfillment of prophesy. My servants in this area of the former generation have prayed for this day. They did not have a face, but a promise. They did not know the name or person who would fulfill this call, but they had a promise. NOW STAND where I have called you and know today, this day, April 21, 2006, that I have commanded a release from heaven. Back up is on the way. Resources from heaven are on the way.

And the Lord shall expose the discrediting of His word. The enemy came to discredit the word of the Lord over your life, your church, and your family. Rally your people right now. Tell them that I, Jehovah, is still in there midst. Tell them, don't run away in fear. The spirit of intimidation is broken on today and what you have decreed from your pulpit shall be established.

The Lord says to you, Pastor Chris; just say it and I'll back you up every step of the way. It's My word that I shall perform in your midst. So rejoice, for it is a new day for you and your house. And yes, I say to you again, you and your people shall be fruitful. For this is the season of harvest for your house.

Isaiah 54:14-17 NIV
14. In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you;
you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.
15. If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you.
16. See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc;
17. no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD

Last week I shared this with our new prospective members. It was the first time they ever heard it. It is a wonderful reminder for all of us of the faithfulness of GOD.

I recalled this word because I spoke with one of the elders of Metro Christian Worship Center (St. Louis, Missouri) on Wednesday of this week. Elder Ted Boldin encouraged me with a powerful Word of exhortation for us to be patient because GOD is building something special. He just kept saying it over and over again for us to be patient because GOD is setting us up through all the many new relationships HE is establishing for us. He said GOD was making me tough to say "no" and to stick to what GOD has told us to do.

Carol and I are greatly encouraged. I told him (Elder Ted) it was a timely word. We have some tough decisions to make in the near future, but we will stay on course with the Urban World Harvest Vision that GOD has given through our Bishop, Raphael Green. As we said many times before we were sent out, we are not starting our own ministry. Chris and Carol Green and Fruitful Life is just another step of obedience to the command of the LORD in submission to the vision GOD gave Raphael Green. This minstry will be unique to this region of the country, but we're still part of something bigger than ourselves.