Monday, October 2, 2006

Lord, It's Your Move

Just my random thoughts....

We had a wonderful weekend celebrating our second anniversary of ministry in Harrisburg. We conducted the whole weekend in our home. After hosting the first meeting, Tuesday night, in our home, the atmosphere was so comfortable that we all just knew, we need to keep the rest of the meetings in our home. I don’t know if this means we’ll stay in the house even after this weekend, but I feel a strong leaning toward staying in the house. Man, the one thing I didn’t want to become is what we are becoming. I have resisted being a “house church” since we first moved here. Now look at us. I’ve been brought full circle and we find ourselves the leaders of a house church. God you are so funny. I guess it’s been a lot of pride on my part. It’s been all about image. I guess one more layer of pride is being stripped away.

Okay Lord, it looks like we’ll be a house church for a while. But, where this fits into the great scheme of things? I don’t know. I know we are a catalyst so we are being used to spark change. We are also like a general contractor to help build and strengthen the Body of Christ in this region. Okay, I’ve heard you clearly on that. I still don’t know where things fit with what you showed me about the vessel being filled and then poured out and the torrents of water being sent out all over the city. Maybe that was part of the catalyst part. Maybe it’s another aspect of the ministry that I don’t know about yet.

But, here we are, with a house church and a whole new view. Actually it’s very exciting. I love the unknown and the pioneering aspects of the journey. Then there’s the apostolic part of the work that we never talk about. We are pastors of pastors. We still feel like we’re to work with Metro Associates back in St. Louis, and to keep the connection with the Arts and Multi-media aspects of the work that the Lord showed a young man by the name of Raphael Green. God called Chris and Carol’s names, out to him. He called our names when HE showed Raphael Green the work in St. Louis. We still know we are to be connected in that way. So when will we return to the Midwest? I’m a Midwesterner to the bone, so what am I doing out here on the east coast?

Why are we out here in Harrisburg, PA in the farmlands and rural part of the state of Pennsylvania? This is not the Urban Mission Vision, but the Lord clearly sent us here for a reason and a season. Lord, I just lay all of this out before you. You must give me clarity and direction. I don’t want to be unstable in all my ways simply because I have become double-minded.

I will await your word. In other words, Lord, it’s your move.