Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Simple Thank You

I was plugging along with my work when the following e-mail came to me:
I'm not sure if this is how to get in contact with you (Pastor Chris &
Carol) but if it is, I wanted to say thank you sooo much for inviting
me and my (son) to your home and giving us the opportunity to
spend time with everyone.

Oh, and the book (What Now?) that I was given is exactly what I need
and have been looking for.

As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to lunch and can't wait to read some
more. Again, thank you so very much and I'll see you Sunday!!!

Blessings,

D. O.


It never ceases to amaze me how a simple word of thanks is so encouraging for what God has called us to do and to be in this region. We feel so unqualified to do this. We have a little formal education. Even though we have taken many courses and had years of training and preparation, my failures over the first two years here, just made me feel like all that I learned was thrown away in a matter of months.

I can't believe I forgot so much, while falling back on old bad habits , feelings and fears, when I was faced with REAL WORLD MINISTRY challenges.

Now here we are and I feel like this:
With the hell that we have been through over the past three years, we can declare boldly that we must make sure we clearly understand whatever God is saying. Things are falling into place for us now. It's really incredible, the connections God is giving us in this season. It's tough here and I wouldn't wish this kind of warfare on my worst enemy.

When we were sent out, I thought we were supposed to start the church right away. Obviously that's why we were sent out, right? But we discovered that God has had His own plan, path and timing all along. I was going straight for the target and the goal, but God was after a process to take us through before we started the church.

We feel like we are finally in the right home, with the right people, and starting the right church for the first time. I mean, everything is right this time. Even the location and facility is right. We have learned some valuable lessons.

Lord, please don't ever let me forget these lessons. We lost thousands and thousands of dollars, resources, and hours of time all because I did not walk in the wisdom and timing of God. This simple thank you from a first-time visitor was another powerful message to encourage us that we're doing it the right way, THIS TIME.