Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anticipation

Right now we're anticipating a series of good things breaking forth on our behalf.

We're headed home to St. Louis, Missouri this weekend to be a part of performing the wedding ceremony for one of spiritual daughters. We've known her since 1992 and have watched the Lord mode and make her into a wonderful woman. We're so proud of her and cannot express how honored we are that she would ask us to conduct the bulk of the wedding ceremony. I hope I can get through it without breaking down and crying.

It's also a special time because my brother and Bishop has asked me to bring the Word of God to our home church congregation. I still remember my last message "Back To the Future" from June of 2004. So it's been six years since we stood in that pulpit to deliver a Word. The Lord has given me something very special to share. I find myself weeping as I prepare.

When I brought this word to our Urban Life Church family, I felt the message was also for my home church. I didn't know when or even IF I would be able to give the Word to my home church family. But God is faithful. I am humbled and I have no axe to grind or targets to hit. I just want to give the Word in purity, love, compassion and in the gentleness of the Holy Spirit.

Our church family has been hurting for a long, long time. We had been, too until the Lord gave me this Word. Ever since then, we have been watching God perform His word and fulfill His promises over our lives.

I also look forward to spending time with my family. My sisters and brothers, nieces and nephews, and of course, my mom and dad. I miss my family. To be in a community where families are so disconnected and distant, is sooooo painful and disturbing. Everything about this place is completely foreign from my life and upbringing. The first thing on that list is the lack of family connection. So I'm anticipating getting recharged with family.

Last, but not least, I look forward to seeing our spiritual sons and daughters. These are OUR kids. They know us in the Spirit and understand us. How we miss being with and working with people who already know our hearts and who aren't putting us through test to see if we mean what we say, or if we say what we mean. Looking forward to being able to laugh and relax for a minute.