Monday, October 3, 2011

An Encouraging Phone Call

One of my best friends in the whole world, called me last night (Sunday night) to encourage me. Pastor Mark Lawrence is my brother from another mother. We go way back to college days.

He told me that he’s been watching our video clips and said the short 5-10 minute messages have been right on time and life changing for him. He said that he would click on a video from his iPhone just to watch a few seconds, but would find himself watching the entire clip. He said God has used the videos to answer questions and give him wisdom. He also said the videos were excellent from a professional level as well.

Mark has his master’s degree in Communications, so he’s very familiar with video and audio technique. He complimented the quality of the audio, clarity of picture and overall presentations. He said he would tell me the truth if the quality was poor, and I know him... He definitely would tell me.


I told him I had just confessed to my family (Saturday night) that I was wondering if what we are doing is really working. He said that if no one else is being impacted, that we should know that the Word is being received in Virginia.

He urged me that we must not stop what we're doing. He said the church, Sunday Cafe' setting is perfect, the delivery is perfect and everything about what we are doing is perfect for this generation. He said we would probably never know, on this side of eternity, how many people are being affected by our online video ministry.

All I could do was just thank him and say, “Praise God!”

This was a very timely phone call because I really honestly, did not feel like it was worth it to continue doing this any longer. It takes a lot of time to set up every week, minister and record every Sunday, download and edit the videos, and then post everything online. Hours and hours have been invested to make this happen. I was preparing to shut things down by the end of the year.

Thanks, Pastor Mark. I love you man…