Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the Purpose of God

We’re into our 31 days of prayer and consecration. Carol and I have also started taking some online seminary classes and I must say that we are really enjoying them. One of the challenges of any leader is to stay sharp through professional development. These classes have provided the professional development opportunity for which we were seeking.

Our overseer, Bishop Raphael Green, made us aware of these classes and they are exactly what we need for this season in our lives and ministry. Already, new and fresh vistas are opening before us. I’m gaining the proper words and perspectives to more accurately articulate the hidden truths in the Word of God.

I’m also gaining better skills in how to dismantle the arguments and logic of this postmodern, anti-God mindset that is attacking the 21st century church. I only hope that I’m picking up this knowledge and wisdom in time.

Right now, I’m taking one online seminary course by accessing classes three nights per week. I’m incorporating them into my regular Bible reading/study time. Returning to school, even if only online, is not a chore. I know why I’m taking every course. I see God and His purpose in every class.

God has so orchestrated our lives that we can now work fulltime jobs, take classes, and still minister on the weekends. It gets pretty stressful sometimes when emergencies and urgencies hit us, but even then, the Lord continues to provide the grace and strength to see us through.

I guess that’s why we encourage our church family to keep pressing forward in the thing that they KNOW God has given them to do with their lives. There’s really no other way to live. Anything else is just mere survival and existence.

We don’t want to live in that mundane pattern in which one just goes to work and comes home with nothing to look forward to beyond paying bills and having weekends off. We don’t want to just live for the weekend and lay around watching movies. Carol and I must live for something greater than us.


I love the life that I have. I have a wonderful wife, outstanding sons, a solid career, a fulfilling ministry, and a new zest for learning and growing. I’m in the purpose of God.