Thursday, January 3, 2008

Guard Your Heart

I got home from work last night and after pulling the SUV into the garage, I looked at my wife. She gave me that look that only a wife can give a husband. I asked, "What's wrong." She said, "It's in your eyes." She's always been able to see me when I'm hurting.

After we got into the house, Carol put her hand on my chest and said, "Guard your heart man of God." I knew she was right. This is the hardest battle I've ever had. I can't preach something that isn't working for me. If this don't work, I can't preach it."

Today is our 27th wedding anniversary and we have nothing. It's a very frustrating time. We have given and sown, tithes and offerings for months and months since we've been here and we've come to this point of lack and loss once again.
The Lord just reminded me of the song HE gave me from Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and my salvation
No fear today, No fear today
He is the strength, the strength of my life
Won't be afraid, won't be afraid
My one desire, to dwell in His house
All of my days, all of my days
He Hides me in a higher place
A secret place, a secret place
I offer up, a sacrifice today
I sing His praise, I sing His praise
Lord to you, I lift my voice
I seek your face, I seek your face
Lord lead me around the enemy
Teach me your way, teach me your way
Wait on the Lord and be of good courage
Wait I say, Wait I say
No matter what in this world I face
I Give Him praise, I give Him praise